A growing world population in conjunction with increasing urbanisation raises the demand for rail-mounted transport systems. This presents a big challenge to railway technology, in particular in the growth regions of Asia, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, Latin America and now even in Africa. Even in industrial European countries, with their dense transportation infrastructure, the market is growing at a disproportionate rate, in particular in the short-distance sector.
How Lapp can meet these requirements
Based on decades of experience as a full-service provider for electrical cables, connection solutions and accessories, with its products for the railway industry Lapp offers its customers single-source high-quality solutions in this sector:
- IRIS certification
- Its own electron beam cross-linking plant
- Cable types according to EN standards and further standards
- Extensive experience in the rolling stock market
- The shortest delivery times – high warehouse availability
- Small minimum order amounts and packaging
- One-stop shop for cables, connectors, cable glands, cable protection, marking systems and accessories
- Customised solutions
- High level of financial stability
- Worldwide service and availability
Alongside various other customers in this market, the close cooperation with the Korean rail vehicle manufacturer Hyundai-Rotem represents one of the most important references for the Lapp Group. For many years Hyundai-Rotem has relied on the high quality of these products and the excellent logistics of our Korean site, where the cables, amongst other things, are produced for its challenging projects, such as high-speed trains for the new Korea Train eXpress (KTX) line from Seoul to Mokpo and Pusan and a variety of electric locomotives for the customer KORAIL.