The monitoring device for data cables
Until now, there were only two alternatives for the maintenance of machine parts and plants: either parts were only replaced if they were already defective, or parts that were still functional were replaced at specific intervals as a precaution. However, thanks to Industry 4.0 and digitalisation, there is a more efficient alternative to reactive or preventative maintenance: predictive maintenance. The idea behind this is to carry out maintenance measures depending on actual performance. This is also possible for connection systems, such as cables or connectors. Although cables from LAPP usually last for many years, in situations with highly dynamic, demanding movements with high speeds and strong torsion, it is advantageous and cost-effective to monitor the cables in order to avoid unexpected downtimes which impair productivity. ETHERLINE® GUARD is the innovative solution from LAPP. The stationary, absolutely compact monitoring device monitors the performance of your highly loaded ethernet cable at risk of failure and displays its current status. Why perform preventive maintenance if it can also be planned in an optimal way? You too can take advantage of the benefits of predictive maintenance!
- Increase plant availability through plannable machine downtimes. This reduces maintenance costs.
- Easy commissioning with automated parameterisation ("teach-in" in just a few minutes).
- Does not require a new data cable or changes to the cable design; upgrading within the existing network structure is possible at any time.
- Saves space owing to its unique and compact design.
- Reliable cloud communication thanks to the MQTT interface (for status/data evaluation, settings, WiFi configuration, updating, etc.).
- Available in two versions: cable-bound LAN version "PM03T" and wireless Wi-Fi version "PM02TWA".
- For use in Ethernet-based networks for automation technology.
- For monitoring the service life of a data cable at risk of failure (e.g. function-critical data cable in dynamic applications).
- Suitable for data cables according to transmission standard 100BASE-TX (with 100 Mbit/s) according to IEEE 802.3.
- Also suitable for EtherCAT, EtherNET/IP and 2-pair PROFINET applications.
- For use in control cabinets (protection class IP 20).