Ethernet communication from control cabinet to control cabinet
The various machine control cabinets are interconnected via the main cabinet. The connection is realized via managed or unmanaged switches located in the control cabinet, connected with field-mountable RJ45 data connectors or patch panels, which are installed on Industrial Ethernet cables. The cables are permanently installed in cable trays.
- Cable in cable trays for use in the U.S. and tested by Underwriter Laboratories (USA) as PLTC (power limited tray cable) or for open cable trays as PLTC-ER (power limited tray cable exposed run)
- Cable by lengths for installation in the cable tray
- Field-mountable RJ45 data connector with IP20 protection class in control cabinets
- Connectors outside the control cabinet have protection class IP67
- Managed switches can be used for setting up redundant networks and have extensive diagnostic functions