Ethernet communication in the building or office
The building or office network connects computers, servers and the plants with each other and to the Internet. Ethernet cables and Ethernet patch cords used in these applications are often required to be Halogen-free, flame retardant and CPR certified so they will not endanger human life in case of fire in the building. For the connection between the buildings, Fiber Optic cables ensure highest speed data transfer.
- Copper-based ETHERLINE® LAN cables are used for distances up to 100 m
- Fiber optic cables are used for longer distances for the connection between two buildings or within buildings. Various connectors, such as the SC connector, are used for fiber optic-based data transmission.
- HITRONIC® breakout cables are used for cabling within the building.
- HITRONIC® outdoor cables are used for external cabling and cabling between buildings. The permanently installed cables are connected to splice boxes from the HITRONIC® SBX series.
- HITRONIC® fiber optic patchcords are used at the splice boxes to connect the devices.
- ETHERLINE® LAN cables of category Cat.7 or higher are used for office cabling and are permanently installed in the building.
- The RJ45 connector is used for copper-based data transmission
- LAN CAT.6A Patchcords for use in office environments