Our trial and test centre, with its extremely high standards for material testing and quality assurance, is a further guarantee of the decisive quality advancements of our products.
Only the toughest tests guarantee the highest quality
It is here that every Lapp Group design is subjected to tough performance and endurance tests. For example, our high-flexibility cables undergo millions of bending cycles at different speeds and extreme bending radii. Only products that survive the "folding chamber" are good enough to be included in our product range.
Optimum test methods for optimum products
At our trial and test centre, we are charged with ensuring our high-tech equipment is consistently state-of-the-art. The testing procedure comprises the following testing areas: cables, glands and material testing.
Comprehensive quality tests for cables
- Tensile and sheering strength test
- Resistance test
- Electrical test
- Torsion test
- Torsion-bending test
- Drag chain test
- Roll bending test
- Fire tests
Quality checks for glands
- Protection class testing - water (IP X3 to X8).
- Protection class testing - dust (IP 5X, IP 6X).
- Oil spray test compliant with UL 514 B.
- Pulling protection testing.
Strict materials testing
- Infra-red spectroscopy for material identification
- Thermogravimetry to determine material proportions
- Thermal analysis to test the thermal properties of materials
- Climate cabinets to test ageing and storage
Our test centre is also open to our customers
Our test centre is also open to our customersA customer-oriented mentality and perfect service form part of the Lapp Group company values. We therefore offer our customers the chance to profit from our test centre beyond the scope of quality assurance of our products.